1×6 Jende Diamond Plates are available in 80, 120, 300, 600, and 1200 grits Diamond sharpening stones make repairs and reprofiling a much easier task then just conventional water stones. While diamonds can be used on every type of edge, they really excel at abrasion resistant steels, and even work on ceramic knife blades.
Mounted to a standard 1×6 blank, these plates are compatible with all Jende JIGS, Edge Pro, TSProf and Hapstone sharpening systems. They can also be used as slip stone, field stones, and pocket stones. They can be used wet or dry. Clean and let air dry between use.
- The 80 grit is a super aggressive plate for major repairs and profiling.
- The 120 grit is the no-nonsense workhorse, and will quickly reprofile and repair edges.
- The 300 grit is best for refreshing, maintaining and light repairs.
- The 600 grit is ideal for maintenance and leaves a basic and sharp work sharp edge.
- The 1,200 grit imparts a respectable work sharp edge and sets the edge up for further refinement and stropping.