Walk into any home where Chinese food and Asian cuisine is prepared daily, and you’ll find only 2 cleavers – A Meat Cleaver and a Vegetable Cleaver. If you have room for only 2 knives in your kitchen, these should be them.
The Meat Cleaver from the D1 set easily chops chicken bones, beef bones, turkey bones, pork bones, and even fish into bite-size pieces. The Vegetable Cleaver allows you to cut, chop and slice vegetables and boneless meats with ease. The wide face of both knives can be used to “scoop” up cut food, and they are perfect for smashing garlic! These cleavers can be found individually under the D-4 Vegetable Cleaver and the D-5 Meat Cleaver.
Vegetable Cleaver Dimensions:
- Blade: 176 x 86 x 1.8 mm / 6.9″ x 3.3″ x 0.07″
- Handle Length: 110 mm / 4.3″
- Overall length: 295 mm / 11.6″
- Weight: 250 g. / 8.8 oz.
Meat Cleaver Dimensions:
- Blade: 174 x 86 x 3 mm / 6.8″ x 3.3″ x 0.10″
- Handle Length: 110 mm / 4.25″
- Overall Length: 290 mm / 11.4″
- Weight: 450 g. / 15.8 oz.